Monday, April 4, 2011

Tristan's Tattoo

What is your tattoo?
It is a green T with the letters BSL across the top and the S going down says Sevilla
What prompted you to get this tattoo? 
I have always wanted to get a tattoo, and I finally had decided what I wanted and had it in my head for over a year. My dad is very against tattoos, and even threatened to cut us off financially if we got one. My sister got her tattoo and then I got mine shortly afterwards as I felt the timing was best. 
What special meaning or significance does this tattoo have to you? 
The T is the first letter of my name, Tristan. 
The B in BSL is the Boston Red Sox logo, my favorite baseball team (baseball is also my favorite sport)
BSL stands for Bay St. Louis, Mississippi, where I lived for a year working for Habitat for Humanity/Americorps building houses for Hurricane Katrina victims in between high school and college
Sevilla was the place in Spain where I studied abroad for a semester my sophomore year of college. 
Do you regret getting a tattoo?
No I do not. I don’t feel like I will since it has so much significance to me, and I waited over a year from when I had the idea in my head vaguely of what I wanted. 
Do you feel like you are judged or excluded from activities because of your tattoo? Why or Why not?
No, but it is located on my upper shoulder which is generally hidden from view so except for friends people wouldn’t know I have it unless I’m swimming or something. 
Do you feel people with tattoos are generally accepted in this day and age? Why or why not?
It depends on the circumstances. Professionals such as businessmen and doctors would likely not be taken seriously if they had visible tattoos, as there is somewhat of a stigma regarding them, but I believe they are becoming more and more accepted. 
If you could do it all over again, would you get this same tattoo and same placement? Why or why not?
Yes I would. I also got this just over 6 months ago so maybe ask me again in a few years but I doubt I will regret my tattoo. 
Do you plan on getting any more tattoos?
I would like to get at least one more, but not until I find something else that means as much to me as the elements of my first tattoo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment